Sunday, May 23, 2010
1/2 c. hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
1 tub (8 ounce) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 pkg. (3.9 ounce) Jell-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
8 oreo cookies, chopped
12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches
1. Pour fudge topping into medium bowl. Whisk in 1 cup Cool Whip. Add dry pudding mix; stir 2 minutes. Stir in chopped cookies.
2. Arrange 4 ice cream sandwiches, side-by-side, on 24-inch-long piece of foil; top with 1/2 cool whip mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining sandwiches.
3. Frost top and sides with remaining Cool Whip. Bring up foil sides; double-fold top and ends to loosely seal packey. Freeze 4 hours.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
1 to 2 lbs round steak
1 (10oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg lipton onion soup mix
3/4 cup water
Cut the steak into bite-size pieces. Place it in a crockpot with the soup, onion soup mix and water. Cook on low for 7 hours. Prepare rice and serve steak over rice.
3 Tbls butter
1 pkg (10 0z) regualar marshmellows or 4 C's miniature marshmellows
6 C rice crispy treats
Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. add marshmellows & stir until completley melted. Remove from heat. Add rice crispys, stir til well coated. Spread on waxed paper in baking pan. Press mixture evenly into pan coated with cookin spray. Cut into 2 in squares when cool.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
1 pkg shredded cheese
1 can Wolf Brand Chili w/ or w/o beans
Directions:Heat corn tortillas about 15sec In microwave until soft. Put shredded cheese in each tortilla and place in microwavable dish. Add a little water to chili to dilute and heat on stove. Pour chili over tortillas. Sprinkle top with shredded cheese. Cover dish with saran wrap and heat 3 minutes. Open microwave to let air out and then heat 3 more minutes. Serve!
Pretty Easy, huh? This would also be great to make with leftover homemade chili. Yum!!
Thanks Tracy for a great recipe!!
- 1 C (2 sticks) butter softened & divided
- 4 squares (1 oz each) unsweatened chocolate
- 2 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C chopped walnuts or pecans
-melt 1/2 butter & choc in small sauce pan on low hear. Set aside to cool.
-place remaining butter, sugar & vanilla in mixer. Beat. add one egg at a time beating 15 seconds after each egg. Add cool chocolate to mixture. mix about 30 seconds.
-pour into greased & floured 13X9X2 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Cool in pan.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Monday, May 17, 2010
- 1 box stuffing mix
- 4 tbls water
- 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 4 slices swiss cheese
Place stuffing mix on the bottom add flavor packet & sprinkle with water.
Place chicken on top of stuffing mix.
Pour can of soup over chicken.
Cook on low for 7 to 10 hours or on high 5 to 7 hours.
Place cheese slices on top to melt 15 minutes before serving.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
- Sloppy Joes, Potato Salad, Fruit Salad (Sloppy Joes are in the freezer from my freezer cooking day!)
- Taco Pasta, Corn, Chips and Salsa (Taco Pasta is in the freezer ready to go)
- Cheese Quesadillas, Black Beans, Rice
- Pizza for our families pizza and movie night!
We also got some Ice Cream and Chocolate Syrup for Dessert a couple of nights! Yum!!! :)
As you can see, I'm doing very little cooking this week! I'm loving this freezer cooking thing!
Go to OrgJunkie for more Menu Plans!
6-8 potatoes, peeled & boiled
1 tsp. sugar
½ cup margarine
2 TBS. onion, chopped
¾ cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 tsp. salt
10 oz. pkg frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
¼ tsp. pepper
Mash potatoes with margarine; stir in sour cream, salt, pepper, sugar, onion and ¾ cup cheese. Fold in spinach; spoon into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Spaghetti with garlic bread & broccli & calliflour
Steak, corn on the cobb, & baked potatoe.
Taco bake with a dip not sure of the name.
I also make alot of chocolate chip cookies. It's easy to make & o so yummy!
Go to OrgJunkie for more menu plans!
can of rotel
-Preheat oven to 350- rinse off chicken-place chicken in oven safe pan- pour rotel over chicken- cook 30 min or til chicken is done. -top with shredded cheese.
-this you can put on tortilla's or over rice
1 C butter
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 C semisweet choc chips
-Beat butter, sugar & vanilla til light & fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time gradually add flour, salt, & soda till blended. Stir in chips. Spread in greased pizza pan & bake 20-25 minutes.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Made Homemade Crescent Rolls (about 25ish)-enough for about 3 meals in my house
Cooked 2lbs of dry pinto beans in the crockpot all day. Used most of it to make refried beans for bean and cheese burritos and the rest I divided up into the three tubberware bowls for different recipes that call for canned beans.
Put together 16 bean and cheese burritos-enough for 3-4 meals
Cooked about 4 1/2 lbs of hamburger meat
- 2 Meals of Taco Pasta (one we ate tonight, the other I put in a disposable baking pan and froze. I will just add some shredded cheese on top and heat in oven when ready to eat it.) This meal, by the way, is scrumptious!! One of our new favorites!
- 2 Meals of Sloppy Joes (cooked meat and mixed with ketchup, mustard, etc and put each in freezer bag so all I have to do is thaw, heat, and put on buns)
- Also froze about a pound of meat in freezer bag for spaghetti one night.
- Baked 4 chicken breasts
- 2 Meals of Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas (I put one in fridge for tomorrow and 1 in disposable baking pan in freezer so all I will need to do is add shredded cheese and heat in oven).
Let me know if you decide to do something like this too!
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas, Rice, Corn-I didn't ever get to this last week but still plan on making double and freezing one for later.
Taco Pasta, Salad, Fruit and Veggies-I am planning on doubling this one also for later.
Chicken Fettucini Alfredo-Easy Version (I never got to it the last time I was planning on having it), Salad, Green Beans, Homemade Crescent Rolls-I have already made a big batch of the rolls and they are in the freezer!
Homemade Pizza, Salad, Peas, Grapes
I'm sure we will have lots of leftovers and will probably eat with family one night too!
Friday, May 7, 2010
Sunday night: Eating out for Mother's Day :)
Cheeseburgers with Guy Fieri's potatoes & corn on the cob. We will grill the burgers & Corn on the cob.
Easy Cresent Taco Bake with Homemade Guacamole
Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole with dinner rolls.
~ Remember we love new ideas. If anyone has an easy, cheap, good recipe they enjoy please let us know! We would love to post it!
Monday, May 3, 2010
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 cans of biscuits
- 2/3 C sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon (seperated)
- 1 C brown sugar
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
- Mix sugar & 1 tsp cinnamon together. Mix with biscuit pieces.
- Grease bundt pan & drop biscuits into pan.
- Heat to boil: brown sugar, butter, & 1 tsp cinnamon. Pour over biscuits.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Sunday, May 2, 2010
2 lb bag dry pinto beans
Salsa or Enchilada Sauce (I used Salsa this time)
Chili Powder to taste
Cumin Powder to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste
16 Whole Wheat Tortillas (can use regular tortillas too-I used taco size)
Olive oil (or any kind of oil)
Soak and cook beans according to package. I cooked mine in crockpot.
Put beans in tortilla, top with cheese, and wrap. The ones I am putting in freezer, I then wrap with a paper towel first and then aluminum foil and put in freezer bags.
These were so yummy! Much better than any canned version and I got about 3 meals from it plus extra beans in freezer (see note below). We served with Homemade Guacamole and Chips!
**After using 6 cups of beans to make the refried beans for burritos, I still had beans leftover in crockpot that I froze for later meals!
Salsa to taste
Lime Juice to taste
Salt to taste
Peel and Scoop out avocados in bowl and mash with potato masher. Add salsa, a little bit of lime juice, and salt to taste. Serve and Enjoy!!